Introducing one of the newest members of our Styling Team – Michaela Galvin!
- How long have you been at Jo Hansford?: 3 years
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Quirky, Passionate, Driven
- What made you decide to be a stylist? I have always had a passion for hair. I absolutely love fashion and being creative and expressive. I love the way your hair can be an extension to your fashion and a little change can completely alter the look of your outfit.
- What’s your career highlight to date?: Winning the Jo Hansford Junior Soiree twice! The salon holds a yearly showcase event based on a theme set by management and I won in 2012 with my classic icon Bridget Bardot and then again in 2014 with my interpretation of the Seven Deadly Sins, Gluttony. I also love being a part of London Fashion Week have been lucky enough to assist on lots of really cool shows including Jackie Lee and Erdem, and am really excited about the shows I have lined up this month!
- Best salon story: Would have to be when Joey Essex popped in to the salon last month! He was so entertaining and really funny but also a really sweet guy! Everyone was so excited to see him, we have a lot of celebrities in the salon but I think Joey might have topped this list for the most picture requests!!
- What is your top hair tip?: Keep your scalp healthy! It’s easy to neglect your scalp but is so important to look after as it promotes and encourages healthy hair growth and keeps your hair glossy. I have my hair tinted every 4 weeks and always use the Jo Hansford Illuminoil as an overnight treatment afterwards to soothe and nourish my scalp.
- Number 1 hair icon: Past and Present: Past would be Bridget Bardot, I love her iconic big hair’ look and it’s still popular today. Suki Waterhouse is the perfect example of a celeb rocking the trend now! Present would be Jessie J, she is always so out there and edgy, always changing her style and always looking super cool!
- Dream Client? I would absolutely love to do Kate Middleton’s hair. She has such fabulous hair and it would be such an honour to cut it. I would probably trim some of the length off and add some shape around her face as it can sometimes appear a bit heavy.
- All-time favourite product (hair and beauty): My favourite hair product is Redken Wax Blast. I have short hair and it’s perfect for adding texture and giving the beachy, tousled look. My favourite beauty product at the moment is Laura Mercier Coconut and Avocado body lotion. I am absolutely addicted to scents and this makes my skin super soft and smell amazing so I don’t need to use a perfume.
- Where are you holidaying this year? I’ve already been on girl’s holidays to Cyprus and have just returned from a holiday with my boyfriend in Mykonos.
- Dream destination? Definitely a safari! I love animals and it would be incredible to see them in their own natural environment.
- What will be your essential fashion buy this season? A Vintage denim jacket, great for the changing weather, super fashionable and puts an edge on any outfit.
- You wouldn’t leave home without: My phone! I’m lost without it!!
- Three desert island essentials: My mobile phone (providing there’s phone signal and somewhere to charge it!!), my vintage sunglasses and my new bikini from Victoria Secret’s, perfect for tanning!
- Favourite Bar and Restaurant: I love Hakkasan in Mayfair at the moment, the food is divine especially the dark praline dessert! The staff are also super friendly. I also love the Radio Rooftop Bar at the ME Hotel and have been hanging out there quite a lot this summer, the views are amazing and the music is really cool.
To book an appointment with Michaela, email: email@example.com or call the reception team on: 020 7495 7774.